QwinLaw Legal & Compliances
Office: Plot C 59, Bandra Kurla Complex,9th Floor, Platina,
G Block BKC, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra East, Mumbai,
Phone: +91 8422940562
Interests: Golf, Travel
Strategic business & negotiation skill & uncompromising work ethics.
Trouble shooting in challenging scenario.
CAPT. DEEPA KURUVILLA
A seasoned and successful lawyer with more than 20 years of experience in different facets of the legal profession, One among the 1st batches of Lady officers commissioned in to Indian Army. After serving Indian Army with an efficacious tenure as DAJAG, resumed the career path as Practicing Lawyer, Legal Retainer and Panel Counsel for various Indian, International corporations and governmental organizations with a special focus on the Financial Services , Capital Market Industry and Foreign Direct Investments.
2012- : Director, Pandim Consultancy And Research Services Private Limited
2010- : Managing Partner, Qwinlaw Legal & Compliances
2006- 2010: advised Monterosa TSS, & B & K Securities India Pvt. Ltd. for their CROSS-BORDER expansions and investments into india.
2001-2006: Practicing Advocate, High Court of Bombay, Securities Appellate Tribunal etc.:
1995 – 2001 Indian Army, Deputy Assistant Judge Advocate GENERAL, heading legal cell M&G Area and court Martial of army offenders.
- Expertise in Legal Advisory & Documentation and extensively advised clients on Capital Markets & FEMA Regulations, Institutional Broking & International Subsidiaries, and interface with Indian and International financial market regulators.
- Represented SEBI in Securities Appellate Tribunal as their Panel Counsel.
- Advice cross border transactions into India to listed and unlisted companies through various jurisdictions and monitored SEBI Open Offer Procedure for FIIs.
- Legal Due Diligence & Post Investment Monitoring of the Foreign Direct Investments & Secondary Market Operations by FII
- Familiar with the Capital Market laws of UK, Singapore, Mauritius, Cyprus and USA.
- Visiting Faculty, Institute of Financial market (IFM) (2006-2008)
- Professional degree in law from Mahatma Gandhi University.
- Program on Capital Market from Joint Program by JBIMS, Bombay University in 2004. ;(IAQ), Securities & Investment Institutes, London, United Kingdom in 2007.
- Master Classes for Directors by Institute of Directors, UK, & other CDC’s.
- NUJS, Diploma in Entrepreneurship Administration & Business Laws.